August 12, 2014
There are a few different types of black ants you might find in or around your home. The most common types are carpenter ants and pavement ants. Pavement ants are harmless and are more of an annoyance than anything else. Carpenter ants are not only annoying but can also cause structural damage to your home. These ants eat through wood to make their homes. They will eat through any kind moist or moldy wood, indoors or outdoors.
The Wheeler School has contracted with The Big Bug Solutions for more than 20 years. We would recommend them highly to anyone with a pest problem at their company. We sometimes feel that mice and carpenter ants are afraid to enter our School property! That's because of The Big Blue Bug Solutions' knowledge of pest control and thoroughness on the job.
Gerald DelSignore, Plant Manager,
Certified Plant Engineer
The Wheeler School"
- Wheeler School, Providence, RI
Nibbles Woodaway, often known simply as the Big Blue Bug, is an iconic Rhode Island landmark. Nibbles has been sitting on top of our building on I-95 since 1980 and has been in numerous movies and TV shows. However, Big Blue Bug Solutions is more than just the home of the Big Blue Bug; we are New England's leading pest control company and provide Providence and RI pest control as well as Worcester and MA pest control, and CT pest control. If you have a problem with pests, we have the solution! Contact us today for more information.
Rhode Island Pest Control Services
Big Blue Bug Solutions has been providing New England residents and businesses with effective, responsible solutions to pest problems since 1935. We offer:
- Rhode Island pest control, including services in Providence, Cranston, Pawtucket, and Warwick
- Massachusetts pest control, including services in Shrewsbury, Worcester, Northboro, and New Bedford
- Eastern Connecticut pest control, including services in Groton, Stonington, Canterbury and Ledyard
Summer has arrived, and that means that pests are hungry, in search of a tasty treat. Sometimes it might be the crumbs and spills in your kitchen, other times that treat is your blood! Here are several pests you should be on the lookout for this summer:
- Ants - ants love marching around your kitchen in search of your crumbs and spills
- Termites - termites nibble on your home and cause damage to the structural integrity
- Mosquitoes - mosquitoes need a good blood meal to breed and they carry potentially dangerous disease
- Bats - bats love to cozy up in your attic and make a real mess with their droppings
If you have a problem with these pests or any others this summer, contact Big Blue Bug Solutions right away!