November 23, 2015
What exactly is an American cockroach? Well, we know one thing, they really are "American" cockroaches, and we Americans own this fact. Unlike those Germans who refer to German cockroaches as "Russian" cockroaches. These American cockroaches, which are also known as "water bugs" or "palmetto bugs" are a reddish-brown color, about 1.5 inches long or longer, and have wings, though they seldom fly.
I am writing to sing the praises of Mike, who just left my house for the second of two visits. I called this morning with a problem: clusters of flies invaded our house last night. I called at about 7:45 this morning, and by 9:30, Mike was here. (Thank you, New England Pest Control! That is why we have been customers for nearly 30 years!) He looked at the flies I had saved, went to his truck for an identifying manual, walked through the house, looking carefully everywhere, and gave an intelligent analysis of the problem. Since the swarm had abated, he told me he'd be in the neighborhood all day, and that, as soon as I saw the flies, he'd come over and fog the rooms. Mid-afternoon, Mike called to tell me he was leaving the East Side, and did I want him to stop by. Between the time he called and the time he arrived at my house, a few flies returned. Mike told me that I'd have to stay out of the sprayed rooms for about 4 hours; I could not do that today, so he arranged to come back in the morning. Even at the end of what must have been a tiring work day, Mike was patient and conscientious, and inspected every corner of every room where the flies had been. I truly appreciated having such a knowledgeable technician, with such a strong work ethic as Mike."
- Judith, Providence, RI
Nibbles Woodaway, often known simply as the Big Blue Bug, is an iconic Rhode Island landmark. Nibbles has been sitting on top of our building on I-95 since 1980 and has been in numerous movies and TV shows. However, Big Blue Bug Solutions is more than just the home of the Big Blue Bug; we are New England's leading pest control company and provide Providence and RI pest control as well as Worcester and MA pest control, and CT pest control. If you have a problem with pests, we have the solution! Contact us today for more information.
Rhode Island Pest Control Services
Big Blue Bug Solutions has been providing New England residents and businesses with effective, responsible solutions to pest problems since 1935. We offer:
- Rhode Island pest control, including services in Providence, Cranston, Pawtucket, and Warwick
- Massachusetts pest control, including services in Shrewsbury, Worcester, Northboro, and New Bedford
- Eastern Connecticut pest control, including services in Groton, Stonington, Canterbury and Ledyard
Fall has arrived, and that means that pests are coming into your home in search for food and shelter for the cold weather to come. Sometimes they will be in your attic, walls or basement! Here are several pests you should be on the lookout for this fall:
- Ants - ants are ready to venture out in search for crumbs and sticky messes on the floor of your home or business
- Bed Bugs - travel during these fall months can instigate a costly bed bug infestation
- Spiders - spiders follow the other pests coming in because of the cooler weather and plan to snack on those other pests
- Yellow Jackets - yellow jackets are drawn to the water and food they can find near your home
If you have a problem with these pests or any others this summer, contact Big Blue Bug Solutions right away!