September 2, 2014
Though yellow jackets resemble honey bees, without the tan fur, that is where the resemblance ends. They don't carry pollen, and they don't have the flattened hairy hind legs to carry it. They also don't lose their stinger when they sting you. An adult yellow jacket can sting several times--and is happy to do just that.
I would personally like to request that your technician, Brian Goldman, continue as the Pest Control technician at Heritage Village Apartments. Brian conducted himself professionally and, while explaining the procedure for spraying my buildings, spoke to my Assistant Manager in a respectful and knowledgeable manner. Thank you for your assistance in granting this request."
- Claire M. Valainis, Property Manager, Heritage Village Apartments
Nibbles Woodaway, often known simply as the Big Blue Bug, is an iconic Rhode Island landmark. Nibbles has been sitting on top of our building on I-95 since 1980 and has been in numerous movies and TV shows. However, Big Blue Bug Solutions is more than just the home of the Big Blue Bug; we are New England's leading pest control company and provide Providence and RI pest control as well as Worcester and MA pest control, and CT pest control. If you have a problem with pests, we have the solution! Contact us today for more information.
Rhode Island Pest Control Services
Big Blue Bug Solutions has been providing New England residents and businesses with effective, responsible solutions to pest problems since 1935. We offer:
- Rhode Island pest control, including services in Providence, Cranston, Pawtucket, and Warwick
- Massachusetts pest control, including services in Shrewsbury, Worcester, Northboro, and New Bedford
- Eastern Connecticut pest control, including services in Groton, Stonington, Canterbury and Ledyard
Summer has arrived, and that means that pests are hungry, in search of a tasty treat. Sometimes it might be the crumbs and spills in your kitchen, other times that treat is your blood! Here are several pests you should be on the lookout for this summer:
- Ants - ants love marching around your kitchen in search of your crumbs and spills
- Termites - termites nibble on your home and cause damage to the structural integrity
- Mosquitoes - mosquitoes need a good blood meal to breed and they carry potentially dangerous disease
- Bats - bats love to cozy up in your attic and make a real mess with their droppings
If you have a problem with these pests or any others this summer, contact Big Blue Bug Solutions right away!