Date Posted: January 3, 2023
At first, you may not think that bats hanging around your property is a big deal. However, many dangers can arise from having these pests around. If you want to learn how you can tell if you have bats on your property and the best ways to get rid of them, check out this bat control guide for some helpful information.
Don’t let bats put your home and family at risk! If you need professional pest control in Worcester for bats, contact Big Blue Bug Solutions today.
How To Tell If Bats Are Roosting On Your Property
If you think there are bats living on your Worcester property, it’s crucial to establish a bat control program. The following five signs can indicate that bats are roosting on your property:
- High-pitched sounds: Bats use echolocation to situate themselves in the dark and to communicate with one another. If you hear these strident noises, there may be bats in your home.
- Bat droppings outside or in the attic: Also known as bat guano, bat feces are ‘shinier’ and more crumbly than rodent feces. If you see bat droppings, you likely have a bat infestation.
- Scratch marks: Bats will generally scratch your walls, ceilings, or other parts of your attic. You may also hear scratching noises when this happens.
- Foul smells: Bat guano produces a pungent, ammonia-like odor. If your attic has this foul smell, it could indicate that there are bats on your property.
- Bats flying or lying around: Bats can pretend to be dead or asleep when they are in “dormant” mode. If they live around your property, you may also see them flying at dusk.
If you notice any of these signs, we suggest you seek out bat control in Worcester as soon as possible.
The Health Hazards Of Bats On Your Property
Bats on your property are more than just a nuisance. These wild animals can pose a serious health threat to you and your loved ones. If there are bats living in your attic, chimney, basement, or yard, you could be risking bat bites.
Unfortunately, bat bites often go unnoticed by humans or pets until it’s too late. Bats’ teeth are very sharp, but they are also tiny, which can make their bites less noticeable. Bats bite when they are rabid or when they feel threatened. Rabid bats don’t look very different from bats that aren’t sick. Do not touch or go near any bats on your property, as they might try to attack you and it isn’t worth the risk. Instead, reach out for professional bat control services near you.
Bats can also be infected with a fungus called Histoplasma capsulatum. If you inhale these fungal spores, you could develop a respiratory infection called histoplasmosis. Don’t risk your health and the health of your family and pets by letting bats stick around. Schedule a free inspection with Big Blue Bug Solutions today.
Factors That Attract Bats To Your Property
You may be attracting bats to your property without realizing it. To avoid this, it’s essential to know what attracts bats to a home:
- Dark and quiet places, such as chimneys, attics, basements, and garages.
- Food sources like fruit and insects.
- Sources of standing water in or around your home.
Since these factors can bring about a bat infestation, we suggest keeping your home well-lit, your plants and trees trimmed back, and reducing the amount of standing water on your property. We also recommend signing up for a pest control plan to eliminate the insects that bats prey on since having a pest infestation can draw bats to your property.
The best and safest way to control bats in Worcester is through professional wildlife control services. If you see bats on your property, it’s important to seek out bat pest control immediately.
Call Big Blue Bug Solutions At The First Sign Of Bats
If you need professional bat control services, Big Blue Bug Solutions is your best choice for Worcester home pest control. Serving Massachusetts since 1935, we have experience helping homeowners and businesses in Worcester get rid of dangerous pests, including bats. Schedule a free inspection today and get rid of the bats on your property.