Date Posted: October 7, 2022
If you've been noticing strange behavior around your Milford home, such as droppings or chewed wires, you may have a mouse infestation. Mice can cause a lot of damage and spread disease, so it is important to get rid of them as soon as possible. Big Blue Bug Solutions will discuss the signs that you may be dealing with mice, the problems they can cause, and why pest control in Milford is the easiest way to get rid of them. We will also cover some natural ways to keep mice away from your home.
Signs You May Be Dealing With A Mouse Infestation
If you've noticed any of the following signs, you're probably dealing with a mouse infestation:
- Mouse droppings: These small, black droppings are about the size of a grain of rice. If you see these droppings around your home, it is likely that you have mice.
- Chewed wires: Mice like to chew on things, and wires are one of their favorite targets. If you see chewed wires in your home, it is a good indicator that you have mice.
- Strange noises: Mice are nocturnal, so you may hear them scurrying around at night. Keep an ear out for mice squeaking in walls or ceilings.
Keep an eye out for these signs in your home, and if you suspect mice, call Big Blue Bug Solutions right away. We're here 24/7 to respond to your pest control needs.
The Problems Mice Can Cause In Your Milford Home
Mice can cause a variety of problems when they show up in your home:
- Mice can chew through walls, insulation, and wires.
- They can spread dangerous diseases like salmonellosis and hantavirus.
- They can contaminate your food with their droppings.
- Some people are allergic to mouse droppings, which can cause respiratory problems.
Mice in your house are a serious problem. If you think you may have them, call Big Blue Bug Solutions. We'll get rid of the mice in your house before the infestation gets out of hand.
The Easiest Way To Get Rid Of Mice Inside
As soon as you see a mouse in your house, you may be tempted to grab a trap and try to catch it yourself. However, this is not the best way to get rid of mice. Mice are very good at avoiding traps, and even if you do catch one, there's a good chance that there are more lurking around.
The best way to get rid of mice is to call a professional pest control company like Big Blue Bug Solutions. We will come to your home and inspect for mice. If we find them, we will use our professional-grade products to get rid of them for good. We also offer preventive services to keep mice away from your home in the future.
Natural Ways To Keep Mice Away From Your Home
Want to deter mice from your home, but you don't want to use chemicals? Here are some all-natural techniques to keep mice away:
- Seal up holes. Mice can squeeze through the tiniest of spaces, so it is important to seal up any holes in your home. Use caulk or steel wool to fill in any cracks or holes that mice could use to get into your home.
- Store food properly. Mice are attracted to food, so be sure to keep your food stored properly. Keep food in airtight containers and do not leave any crumbs around.
- Use essential oils. Mice don't like the smell of certain essential oils, so you can use them to keep mice away. Try diffusing peppermint oil or using cotton balls soaked in lemon oil.
Following these tips can help keep mice away from your house the natural way. However, if you already have a mouse infestation, the best course of action is to call a pest control company like Big Blue Bug Solutions. For more than 80 years, Milford residents have trusted us to get rid of their pests, and we can help you, too. Contact us today to get started with a free inspection.