Date Posted: March 5, 2023
Category: Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are some of the most feared pests homeowners have to deal with. They are not as dangerous as some of the other types of pests. However, they are extremely difficult to eliminate, especially if you are not a professional. At Big Blue Bug Solutions, we have been providing exceptional pest control in Worcester for over eight decades. We know exactly how to eliminate bed bugs from your home and keep them from coming back in the future.
Unmistakable Signs Of Bed Bug Infestation
Bed bugs are extremely small; adults max out at 1/4 of an inch long. Their small size will cause you to overlook them easily. Even if you don't spot bed bugs in your house, there are still a few ways to determine if you have these invasive bugs. Some of the telltale signs that you have a bed bug infestation in your home include:
- Finding blood spots on your bed sheets caused by excessive scratching and accidentally crushing the bugs in your sleep.
- Noticing new bug bites on your body when you wake up.
- Finding bed bug eggs under your mattress or around your furniture that look like tiny grains of rice.
- Seeing dark smear marks on your mattress and bedding.
Young bed bugs will molt about five times before they reach full maturity. If you have a bed bug infestation, you may also notice several yellow translucent skin casings around your house.
The Problem With Having Bed Bugs In Your Home
Bed bugs are not known to spread diseases or viruses to people, but that doesn't mean they are completely harmless. These tiny bugs will bite you in your sleep, which will leave behind incredibly itchy bug bites on your skin. These itchy bug bites often cause people to lose sleep, and that can affect their overall health. Also, scratching the bed bug bites too much could cause an infection.
Five Simple Ways To Keep The Bed Bugs Away
Preventive measures are the key to keeping your home bed bug free. If you want to reduce your chances of developing a bed bug infestation in your home, try these five simple steps:
- Inspect your luggage after staying in a hotel. You should also wash all of your clothing in hot water when you return from an overnight trip.
- Vacuum your floors often to remove any bed bugs that might have made it into your house.
- Thoroughly inspect secondhand furniture and clothing that you bring into your home.
- If you live in an apartment or duplex, try to create a barrier between your unit and the one next door. Seal up any cracks or gaps that are in the shared walls. You should also seal any gaps that are around the doorways and windows.
- If you use a shared laundry facility, keep your clothes in a sealed container or zipped bag when not in the washer or dryer.
Bed bugs are sneaky little creatures. They will attach to your clothing or other objects to hitch a ride back to your house. If you stay vigilant when using public facilities, you will reduce your chances of bringing bed bugs back to your home.
How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs From Coming Back
If you want to increase your chances of living in a bug-free home, give us a call today. At Big Blue Bug Solutions, we are Worcester's premiere pest control company, and we know how to get rid of bed bugs. We will also help educate you on steps you can take to ensure they do not come back. Give us a call today for a free quote.