Date Posted: July 24, 2022
Category: Pest Control
Home pest control is a layered process that relies on a partnership between homeowners and pest control professionals in South Portland. Cockroaches, beetles, stinging insects, fleas, mice, birds, and mosquitoes are just some of the pests you might find hanging around your South Portland home. If you want great customer service and a company that guarantees its services, you need Big Blue Bug Solutions. We have the tips you need to successfully deter pests and the solutions you need if they’ve taken over.
Tips For Preventative Pest Control
Pest control for your home doesn’t have to be complicated, complex, or costly. Pests can be discouraged from hanging in or around your house with a few simple steps:
- Eliminate standing water. By eliminating standing water, you will discourage mosquitoes from hanging around. Mosquitoes act as a food source for many other pests, including roaches, spiders, birds, and stinging insects.
- Seal away the garbage. Pests love table scraps, so securing your trash cans will help eliminate the odor and access to the waste.
- Mow long grass, and keep bushes trimmed. Tree branches and shrubs touching the house should be clipped.
- Walk around your yard once a day. Your presence alone is a pest deterrent, and it will give you a unique understanding of your yard’s micro-ecosystem.
- Clean up cluttered sheds, unused piles of wood, and leaves.
- Planting nonnative plants deters pollinators such as bees, wasps, hornets, and mosquitoes.
- Check your home for signs of bug and pest entryways. Patch tears in mesh screens, replace weather stripping at your door, and check for moisture or trouble opening and closing your doors and windows.
- Clean your gutters to deter wasps and mosquitoes.
These are just some tips for your home to keep it pest-free, and we recommend this upkeep regularly, coupled with professional pest control solutions. If you need help with rodent or bug control on your property, simply look for the big blue bug!
Regular Pest Control Is Important
Regular pest control for your home is vital for its structural integrity as well as your health and comfort. Some pests, like termites, degrade and compromise the structural integrity of a building. What is worse is that many other pests like mice, roaches, birds, and fleas spread diseases and other health risks. Mosquitoes are a particular concern since these pests are at the bottom of the food chain and support life for an array of other creatures like roaches and birds. Luckily, home pest control costs can be affordable for effective treatments.
Tackling Seasonal Pest Control
Home and yard pest control can be managed in seasons. Most pests are the most active during the spring, summer, and late fall months, with a reprieve in winter. Doing what you can inside your home and around your property to ensure pests don’t take over your lawn or invade your home is essential to the comfort of your lifestyle and your family's health.
Residential Pest Control For South Portland Homeowners
There are some residential pest control services that claim to be the best, but none of them are as widely known as the Big Blue Bug Solutions pest control brand, and for a good reason. Our services are indeed the best you’ll find. For nearly a century, our company has grown from a small local business to one of the largest pest control companies in New England. Let us take care of your family and home and we won’t steer you wrong.