Date Posted: October 24, 2016
There are some things that go great together, like chocolate and peanut butter, or popcorn and butter. And, there are some things that definitely do not belong together, like ketchup on ice cream, a cup of vinegar in a bowl of cereal, or cockroaches with anything. Here are 5 ways cockroaches could impact your bottom line if you own or operate a restaurant in Connecticut.
- Bad Reviews - We live in the social media age. It seems like everyone has a blog or a YouTube channel. And, if they don't, their opinion can still have an impact on your business. All it takes is a smartphone and a little frustration. The potential places to post a bad review are staggering. So, the last thing you need is for a cockroach to make an appearance.
- Surprise Inspection - A bad review can lead to a surprise governmental inspection. Potential customers aren't the only people who use social media. If the wrong eyes see a review that says, "Infested with cockroaches!!!!!" They may bump your restaurant up the list.
- Failed Inspection - There are few things that can cause you to fail an inspection faster than the evidence that cockroaches have been in areas where food is prepped or stored. These pests are connected to several diseases and are known to spread bacteria. Because of their negative impact on public health, inspectors are quick to respond to any evidence of cockroaches in a kitchen environment or food storage area.
- Increased Inspections - If a government inspector finds evidence of cockroaches it can lead to an increase in the number of inspections they'll want to perform. This can be quite a disruption for any business, but especially for a restaurant, where the pace is much more hectic.
- Closure - If an inspector determines that a cockroach infestation is too widespread, or that the problem is not being properly dealt with, it could lead to the doors being closed. Few restaurants recover from this kind of bad publicity.
At Big Blue Bug Solutions, we help Connecticut businesses--as well as businesses throughout New England--protect themselves from the impact of cockroaches and other invasive pests. Our team is educated and experienced in the most advanced Integrated Pest Management protocols and modern pest control products. When you need a commercial pest control plan that will meet--and exceed--governmental regulatory standards, you can trust Big Blue. We've been protecting businesses in New England for over 80 years. In that time, we've learned a few things.
Don't let cockroaches impact your Connecticut restaurant. Schedule services today.