Date Posted: February 5, 2023
A termite infestation is one of the most dreaded problems homeowners in Worcester face. The damage they can cause is just heartbreaking. The good news is that you don’t have to live with termites. There are ways you can get rid of them and prevent future infestations in your home with effective pest control in Worcester. Termites are a common problem in Worcester, but they don't have to be.
A Guide To Identifying Termite Damage
The main reason you want to get rid of termites is that they can cause extensive damage to your home. If you see some or all of the following signs of damage, it’s a good indication that there are termites on your property:
- The foundation has cracks around it and sags in certain spots.
- There are holes in walls, floors, and ceilings.
- The wood appears discolored or rotted by water damage.
- The wood around your windows and doors is soft or crumbly.
- The wood in the home appears swollen.
- There are gaps between boards or siding that seem larger than normal.
This evidence of termite damage can be quite obvious, but sometimes it’s not. If you aren’t sure if there are termites in your home, call Big Blue Bug Solutions for a termite inspection near you.
Why Termites Infest And Destroy Wooden Structures
Termites are social insects that can become a serious problem for homeowners. Termites eat wood, which is why they are attracted to wooden structures. They live in colonies, which can contain thousands of individuals. Active termites are attracted to the wood in your home because it contains cellulose and other nutrients. They eat cellulose in a process called digestion, which releases energy. The colony uses this energy to build its nest and protect itself from predators. Termites will eat every piece of wood in your home if left unchecked. They can also cause structural damage as they build their nests and travel between them.
A termite colony on your Worcester property can cause thousands of dollars in damage. It’s important to protect your home from termites with a professional inspection and treatment plan.
Factors That Attract Termites To Your Home
The termites in Worcester are attracted to your home by any one of the following:
- Wood: Termites are attracted to the cellulose found in wood.
- Warmth: Termites are attracted to the warmth of your home. They like it hot and humid, which is why they prefer to live in basements and crawl spaces.
- Shelter from predators: Termites need shelter from predators, such as ants and birds. They will build their nests in your home if it provides a safe place for them to live.
- Moisture: Termites are attracted to water sources such as leaky pipes or dripping faucets.
The warm, moist environment of your home makes it the perfect place for termites to build their nests, so make sure you contact a termite expert near you if you have any signs of an infestation.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Termite Infestation
If you have a termite infestation in your home, it is best to call professional pest control immediately. Termites can cause serious damage to your home, and they can spread to other areas of your property. If you don’t take action, the problem will only get worse. The experts at Big Blue Bug Solutions have the tools and training necessary to find all of the termites in your home and get rid of them with an effective treatment plan that targets them at their source. We provide complete protection from termites so you can have a worry-free home.