Date Posted: July 8, 2023
When it comes to tick control on your Milford property, you may feel overwhelmed and frightened at the prospect of accidentally receiving a tick bite. Contact Milford pest control and enlist professional help to defeat ticks in your yard safely.
How Do Ticks Spread Diseases?
Many individuals know that ticks can be dangerous, and tick bite illnesses may present severe consequences. This pest spreads diseases by their feeding routine – they bite into their human or mammal victim to feed on blood, passing some of their saliva to the victim during this process. An infected tick will pass along any disease, bacteria, or pathogen and become a source of illness.
Diseases you may contract from ticks include:
- Lyme disease
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Tick-Borne relapsing fever
If you have received a tick bite, and become ill, seek medical assistance.
Common Ticks In The Milford Area
Even though there are hundreds of tick species across the United States, there are a select few types of ticks in Milford that you are most likely to encounter. These species are listed below, and if you need identification help, you should be seeking advice from Big Blue Bug Solutions:
- Lone Star Tick
- Brown Dog Tick
- American Dog Tick
- Black-legged Tick
It’s important to identify ticks, especially if you have been bitten by one.
The Six Best Ways To Get Rid Of And Prevent Ticks
If you want to get rid of ticks around your property and prevent re-infestations of this pest, follow the essential tips below. But remember, the best way to deal with an active infestation of ticks around your home is to reach out to Big Blue Bug Solutions.
- Keep your yard clear of debris such as leaf litter, woodpiles, and fallen branches, and ensure that the grass stays trimmed low. This reduces outdoor tick hiding spots and discourages them from invading your yard.
- Ticks love moist, shady areas, so do your best to trim back overgrown foliage or hanging branches that create these environments and cover compost piles on your property.
- Place a barrier of gravel or wood chips around any part of your property that backs up into the woods. This makes it harder for ticks to cross from overgrown areas into your yard.
- Install fences around your property to keep deer and other wildlife away. This stops them from walking around your yard and leaving ticks behind. You can also place plants that both ticks and most critters hate around your yards, such as marigolds and rosemary.
- Protect your pets from ticks with prevention treatments if they spend extended time outdoors. Working with a veterinarian to ensure your pets' health and safety during this process would be best.
- Always check your body when returning from the outdoors to stop yourself from transporting ticks inside. Ticks will gravitate to hidden areas such as underarms and scalps, so be thorough in your search.
You may find these prevention tips helpful but the best way to get rid of ticks is with help from Big Blue Bug Solutions.
Keep Ticks Out Of Your Yard Forever!
To keep ticks out of your yard forever and ensure your family stays safe from tick-bite diseases, you should contact Big Blue Bug Solutions at the first sign of this pest. With professional tick control services, our Big Blue Bug Solutions experts can control tick populations around your property and implement long-term protection strategies for your home.
Trust our professionals and contact Big Blue Bug Solutions today to eliminate ticks for good.
Remember to request a free inspection.