Date Posted: March 7, 2023
Category: Commercial Pest Control
Pests can ruin any business. When a customer comes into your store or office, they want to see the services and goods you offer, not insects and rodents crawling around. At Big Blue Bug Solutions, we know how to keep your business pest free. We provide comprehensive pest control in Milford and the steps you need to take to keep bothersome pests away.
The Pests That Invade Milford Businesses
There is a wide range of pests that can invade your business. If you don't take care of the problem quickly, you could end up with a severe infestation.
Some of the common types of pests found in Milford include the following:
- Rodents: Rats and mice are common throughout Milford. If they come into your business, they will chew on anything and everything they can get their teeth around, including electrical wiring around your TV, computers, and behind walls.
- Ants: These tiny insects are not just a nuisance; they can also be dangerous and destructive. They can carry and spread a wide range of illnesses, including salmonella and E. coli. Carpenter ants are also common in this area and will build nests inside wooden structures that can cause a lot of damage to your business.
- Stinging insects: Having wasps and bees flying around your business could scare away your customers. Some of the species of wasps in Milford can become extremely aggressive.
- Bed bugs: These tiny round bugs are common in hotels, nursing homes, and department stores. Bed bugs have been around for thousands of years and are quite resilient, which makes it difficult for the average person to achieve total bed bug control.
- Cockroaches: Nothing can drive customers away faster than seeing cockroaches in your store or restaurant. These filthy insects can spread a wide range of sicknesses, including leptospirosis, salmonellosis, and dysentery.
If any of these pests invade your business, they could cause costly damage to your property and put you and your guests at risk of getting sick.
A Pest Infestation Can Quickly Ruin Your Business's Reputation
Rodents and insects are usually associated with dirt and filth. When you have even one pest around your property, it can reflect negatively on your business.
Most companies rely on word-of-mouth referrals to gain new customers. This marketing strategy can both help and hurt your company. With many review websites available today, if one person leaves a review stating that they saw a rodent or other pest in your establishment, you could see the number of daily customers drastically dwindle.
Easy Pest Prevention Tips To Implement In Your Business
The best way to handle a pest problem is to prevent it from happening in the first place. If you want to keep pests out of your business, try these tips:
- Make sure that there is no food residue in your drains and pipes.
- Empty all trash cans regularly and keep a lid on all dumpsters and outdoor trash cans.
- Make sure that there is no standing water around your business.
When choosing a landscape design, it is also a good idea to consider a pest control plan. Many plants and bushes will attract certain pests, and you should locate them away from your building.
How To Keep Pests Out Of Your Business For Good
The best way to ensure that pests do not invade your Milford business is to have it treated regularly by a professional pest control company. At Big Blue Bug Solutions, we have over 80 years of experience in the commercial pest control industry. Give us a call today for a free quote.