Date Posted: October 27, 2016
It's a sunny warm day and as you are sipping your morning coffee and looking out your window, you notice a couple of playful squirrels bounding from tree to tree across your property. Then all of a sudden you start to hear scurrying and scratching noises in the attic; no they couldn’t be, could they? Unfortunately, the answer is yes, squirrels and other wildlife can easily take up residence in your home’s attic. At Big Blue Bug Solutions we want to help protect your home from squirrels and other common species of wildlife that try to enter southern Maine homes and take up residence inside of attics.
Many wild animals are entertaining to watch and cute to look at when they are doing what they are supposed to be, living, breeding, and gathering nuts outside. But, squirrels and other wildlife become much less adorable when they decided that the outdoor life is no longer for them and choose to vacation inside your home. If you are hearing noises in the attic of your southern Maine home, it could be that you have "unwanted guests". The most common unwanted guests include bats, chipmunks, tree squirrels, flying squirrels, raccoons and opossums. Some are small, some are quite large, some have wings, and some do not, but what they all have in common is that that can cause significant damages and dangers for home and homeowners.
Damages and dangers of wild animals living inside of attic spaces include:
- Structural damages; wild animals chew, dig, and tear their way through attic spaces. They can damage wires, pipes, insulation, drywall, and flooring.
- Wild animals nest in, poop in and are just generally damaging to personal items that you have stored in your home’s attic spaces.
- They will cause damage to the exterior of your home as they create their own personal entrances and exits into the attic.
- They leave trails and piles of excrement that can harbor dangerous fungus, disease, and bacteria.
- Many wild animals like raccoons and bats can be carriers of rabies.
- Wild animals are wild. While in normal circumstances that may not be aggressive, if they are cornered or feel threatened they may lash out at bite or scratch.
What do you do if a wild animal like a bat, squirrel, or raccoon has taken up residence inside of your home’s attic? At Big Blue Bug Solutions we never recommend trying to handle a problem with wildlife on your own. It takes special training and equipment to safely, legally, and humanely remove wild animals from attics. The wildlife control experts at Big Blue Bug Solutions can provide you with quality services to get rid of current visitors in your attic and to help prevent future problems with them.
Big Blue Bug Solutions creates each wildlife treatment and removal plan to suit your home, family, and attic’s unique needs. Whether live trapping, exclusion measures, habit modification, or catch and release is deemed necessary, our wildlife control experts will be able to get rid of the wildlife species in your attic! With your attic free of raccoons, squirrels, flying squirrels, bats, and/or chipmunks, you can get back to enjoying these wild creatures from your window, watching them where they belong, outside!
Contact Big Blue Bug Solutions today for more information about our wildlife control services in Portland and throughout Southern Maine.