Date Posted: March 3, 2023
Many wildlife animals call Massachusetts home. Usually, these animals like to live in rural areas away from civilization. However, more and more wild animals have been coming into residential areas lately. If you are seeing an uptick in the amount of wildlife hanging around your yard, Big Blue Bug Solutions is here to help. We provide a wide range of pest control in Worcester and know how to properly handle the various wildlife species found in this area.
Common Types Of Nuisance Wildlife Found In Worcester
Several types of wildlife animals in Worcester like to hang around residential areas when searching for food. Some of the most common types of wildlife you're likely to see around your Worcester property include:
- Moles: Several types of moles are common in Worcester. They include the star-nosed mole and the eastern mole. These pesky animals will dig elaborate tunnels, which can ruin your yard.
- Voles: Voles are another animal that can ruin your landscape. They will dig into the ground and eat the roots and bulbs of plants. Voles are commonly mistaken for field mice, but while they look similar to mice, they have rounder bodies and smaller eyes, ears, and tails.
- Squirrels: These bothersome rodents like to eat the nuts and seeds they can find around your yard. They will also chew on almost anything, including the power lines outside your house.
- Bats: Bats are pesky little animals that will sometimes try to nest in storage buildings or attics. If they invade your property, they will leave their droppings everywhere, which could cause you to catch several harmful diseases.
- Raccoons: Raccoons are annoying little scavengers that will knock over your trash cans and eat your gardens. They can be extremely destructive when they are looking for food.
The various types of wildlife found in this area play a vital role in maintaining a healthy ecosystem. However, when they invade your property, they can cause a lot of problems for you and your family.
The Problems Wildlife Can Create Around Your Property
Having wildlife hanging around your property could end up costing you a lot of money in repairs. Some of these animals will chew holes through the wall of your home and destroy your yard. Some may even be able to crawl under the hood of your vehicle and chew on its electrical system.
In addition to the destructiveness, wildlife can also carry a wide range of diseases. You don't have to come into direct contact to catch many of the diseases and viruses they carry; instead, you can become ill by accidentally coming into contact with their urine and droppings.
Five Practical Wildlife Prevention Tips
If you want to keep wildlife animals out of your yard, try these five easy tips:
- Keep your grass cut short.
- Remove bird feeders and bird baths from your yard.
- Always have a tight lid placed on your outdoor trash cans.
- Immediately pick up any fruits and nuts that fall from the trees in your yard.
- Remove any fallen tree limbs, and other debris wild animals can use as a hiding spot in your yard.
Following these tips makes you less likely to have wildlife animals hanging around your yard.
Complete Wildlife Pest Control Services In Worcester
If you have a wildlife problem on your Worcester property, and need nuisance wildlife removal call the experts at Big Blue Bug Solutions today. Our wildlife experts have decades of experience in the pest control industry and know how to remove these wild creatures from your property safely. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation!