Date Posted: September 5, 2022
There is a huge difference between owning a rodent and having one invade your home. Wild rodents are a big problem here in Worcester. They are not cuddly, like pet hamsters, and are unlikely to bond with you. If you are dealing with an active rodent infestation inside your Worcester home, here is what you need to know. If you would rather find an immediate solution for these invaders, call our team at Big Blue Bug Solutions. We will walk you through our rodent control options and help you find one that fits your needs.
Are There Rodents In My Home?
Rodents are not always easy to identify. When these furry pests invade, they go out of their way to stay out of sight. For this reason, it is important that you know some common signs of rodents. Here are a few signs to look for around your Worcester home.
- Pellets of fecal matter
- Grease marks on floorboards and baseboards
- Gnaw marks on the legs of furniture and other fixtures indoors
- Holes through walls, floors, and ceilings
- Damage to pantry items such as cereal boxes
- Scampering noises late at night
- Torn up paper, fabrics, insulation, or other materials
If you are having trouble identifying rodents inside your home, schedule a thorough inspection. We will send a technician your way to assess your risk of rodent infestation.
The Diseases That Rodents Can Carry
Why are rodents a bad thing here in Worcester? Well, for one, different kinds of rodents spread harmful diseases. The two most common rodents in our area, rats and mice, can carry lots of harmful bacteria, pathogens, and parasitic worms. They spread these sicknesses with their fecal droppings, urine, and off their dirty bodies. Common diseases rodents carry include hantavirus, leptospirosis, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis. Another way rodents get homeowners sick is by carrying fleas and ticks indoors. These small parasitic bugs spread bacteria and other sickness-causing organisms through their bites. The only way to guarantee the safety of you, your family, and your pets is to put in place some form of rodent control to eliminate any rodent pests that are currently inside your home.
Ways To Deter Rodents
In order to keep vermin rodents out of your home, you need to put in place some form of control measures. We recommend starting with some DIY strategies. Here are seven methods to consider today.
- Repair holes, gaps, and cracks in your home’s exterior foundation using some silicone caulk and pinches of steel wool.
- Address damage to window/door screens and keep unscreened doors and windows closed when they aren’t in use.
- Fix leaky piping and address other moisture problems indoors.
- Keep your living spaces clean and address food and drink messes as they occur.
- Make sure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids.
- Clean out your pet’s food and water bowls before going to bed at night.
- Store all of your leftover food inside air-tight containers.
To take your rodent control to the next level, hire a pest control professional. This is the only way to guarantee these furry invaders steer clear of your interior spaces, year-round.
Professional Rodent Control Is The Answer!
Professional rodent control has never been easier. At Big Blue Bug Solutions, we offer comprehensive service options to help members of our community remove and fight back against rats, mice, and other invasive rodents. Let us pay your property a visit and identify any rodent problems you are having. We will work up a customized plan to meet your individual needs that will make sure rodents stay out for good.
Reach out to us now to learn more. We will walk you through your Worcester pest control options and find one that will solve your rodent problems.