Date Posted: June 5, 2014
Ants inside your home can be a huge problem in the summer. Just one or two ants here or there aren’t a serious problem- well, that is until they tell all their friends about the great food that can be found in your house! When you have just a couple of ants in your home, there is a good chance that a full blown ant infestation is not far behind. What can be done to prevent ants in your home this summer? There are a few ant prevention measures that you can employ to limit your ant problems during the warmer months of the year. Here are some of our best ant prevention tips for you, along with ways to get rid of ants for good.
1. Don’t let them find the food! Make sure to store all food in your cupboard in airtight containers so ants cannot gain access to them.
2. Keep the kitchen and the pantry clean so that ants can’t even find a crumb to eat.
3. Eliminate the moisture that ants enjoy inside your house. You can do this by calling in a plumber to fix leaky pipes and faucets or installing a dehumidifier.
4. Fix all possible entry points. Cracks in the foundation, holes in siding and even ripped window or door screens can allow ants and other pests into your home.
5. Don’t go around killing all the ants that you see. If these foragers die, they will quickly be replaced by more foraging ants and your problem will only get worse.
6. Call in the help of pest control professionals to locate the ant nest and completely get rid of it. These pros can also help establish environments that aren’t conducive to ant activity.
If you’ve found ways to block up entry holes, you’ve eliminated all the food that ants have access to and your home is now dry as a bone, you shouldn’t have to worry about ant problems! However, if these pests keep coming back, year round preventative services from RI pest control professionals are the best way to go. At Big Blue Bug Solutions, our home pest control service is called the Home Owner’s Policy (H.O.P.) and it protects against insects and rodents all year round. With three visits a year, preventative treatments and ongoing monitoring of susceptible areas, we’ll keep your pest problems to a minimum so that you can concentrate on more important things- like your life and your family! Our pros are industry leaders- we’re the smart choice for pest control in Providence and Worcester and throughout our service area. Contact us today to schedule your first appointment. Don’t let ants get you down this summer! Take charge with services from Big Blue Bug Solutions!